Cake Series

I decided I wanted to create a series of cakes featuring a different princess shoe based off of some Disney memorabilia that I own, and this is the first cake in the series.

This first cake is from the movie the Princess and the Frog and is the shoe worn by Princess Tiana.

A tutorial on how I created the shoe is below.






I initially had thought of using a shoe template I had found online, but upon looking at my vast array of shoes I had at home and realizing that there were a few pairs I didn't wear anymore, I decided to cut the sides off an old pair and use that as both template and drying rack for the base!

You will need the following items to create the shoe:
1. Gumpaste
2. Tylose powder (optional, but helps speed up the drying time)
3. Exacto knife
4. Edible Glitter
5. Edible Luster Dust
6. Glue ( I used a combination of water mixed with a little bit of gumpaste)
7. Shoe template

Step one
Cut out the template for the base of the shoe and let it dry at least overnight, but ideally for 24 hours.
I also modeled the heel of the shoe at this time so that they could both dry at the same time.

Step Two
Roll out a ball of gumpaste making sure to taper one end. Let dry.

Step Three
Once completely dry, attach the heel to the base of the shoe using whatever glue you've chosen to use, and let those both dry for a little bit before starting to attach the other pieces of the shoe.

Step Four
Using a template, cut out the sides of the shoes as well as the top strap that goes over the toes. Attach once dry enough and then follow the same for the strap and the heel of the shoe.

Step Five
After everything is assembled and has dried, dust the shoe with the desired colors of luster dust and then go over the dust with the edible glitter.

Viola! A shoe is born. Now if only I could actually wear it!